If you’ve followed my blog for any period of time, you know that there are several phrases that I use when discussing sales outcomes, sales management, recruitment and talent development:
- Your organization is perfectly designed for the results you get today.
- When you evaluate talent that is not performing as expected, you must ask yourself: “Did I hire them this way or did I make them this way?”
- Hire people you cannot afford.
- Hire great people when you find them, not when you need them.
- Catch them early (refers to performance management).
- You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
- When all else fails, hard work works.
- They (your underperforming salespeople) either are lying about their activity or they suck at what they do.
- You should begin the exiting process of an underperformer the moment you have the first thought.
- All prospects lie all the time.
- Don’t look, act or sound like a salesperson.
- When goals are clear, decision making is easy.
- Events happen to us all, destiny is what happens next.
- They’ll only do it once.
That's about it.
Do you have favorite business phrases? Share your feedback and comments below!